Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It's official: I'm NUTS

Officially, I seem to have come to this official conclusion many times before but it never seems to stick and needs to be, uhhhh, reconcluded every so often. Or maybe frequently. Which I suppose just reinforces the fact that I'm nuts. lol

The scarf is long enough, says the hubby, and he thinks I'm insane to think otherwise. And I have to say...............the math is working out in his favor as blocked and unpinned it measures out to be 82 inches in length........keeping in mind that *I* am a Shorty McShorterson person of 61 inches in height. So, uh. I guess I've made my peace with it and the scarf is done. HALLELUJAH and all that jazz. Details are on Ravelry if you like. Onward to eye candy pics. :)
There is no doubt I love the color changes in this. I need to get a couple more balls of this to do a pair of socks at some point because the amount of color from the same skein of yarn is ridiculous.

12 comments:

Pretty Things said...

Holy smokes! That is GORGEOUS and I'm in awe that you can keep track of that pattern!

Sharlotte said...

This is really a pretty scarf! Love the colors. I've never knitted a hexagon before. I would think it would be challanging! Oh FYI... we're the same height! LOL!

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

The scarf is beautiful !!! I have never seen one like it ! Just Beautiful !

corinna said...

trumpet blast!
it looks wonderful!

Walden said...

Absolutely beautiful!! It looks wonderful.

Carol said...

Just spectacular--and definitely long enough for a 61" person (which I am, too, by the way!!)...

Congratulations, Melanie!

ViviBijoux said...

How can you keep track with all the stitches and measurements...I'm sort of math dislexic so all I do is double knit!lol really gorgeous pattern and colours :)

PumpkinMoonStudio said...

Absolutely gorgeous, and I love the suttle color changes, soft and beautiful! Just wrap it round and round yourself :)

Meadows08 said...

I love your scarf! I'm glad that it's finished for your own sanity!

Minerva said...

I think I bought this pattern and yarn last year at my LYS! JoJoland yarn, isn't it? Still haven't knit it up. It looks lovely.

Leslie said...

what is nuts is that someone can make that. You did an amazing job, it is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Laurie said...

My gosh, that is beautiful! Glad you're done with the tortuous part and can now enjoy it.