To anyone in the path of Irene this weekend.
This, uh, would include us. lol
It's supposed to go over us sometime tomorrow morning with tropical storm status - not hurricane strength - but we'll see how much that difference means to all the trees hanging over our house, eh? o_0
I fully expect flooding of some sort in my basement at any rate because of the torrential rain. As long as it's not enough to hit the tiny carpeted area down there, I can deal with it though. It's when I have to work in a soggy, dead-froggy smelling work area and run the rug cleaner to suck it up hour after hour after hour that I start to lose my mind.
That said, I'm ever hopeful that we already hit our patch of 'bad luck' for the weekend when he lost the brakes on his car going to work yesterday. I mean, I'm already out $1,000 and the storm hasn't even hit yet so karma should be on our side? :)
In related news, I think our upcoming vacation is canceled. Boo hoo. :( We were planning to go to DC for 5 days but since we made those plans:
1) We noticed that was the week of the 10th anniversary of 9/11. (I was just looking at it as *our* 20th anniversary week at first, you know?) Hello extra security!
2) They got hit with an earthquake and some things we usually visit are now in flux down there.
3) The car we were going to take to drive down there just lost it's brakes in a dramatic 'oh my 2@#$@# god' type of way. (Note: this car has VERY VERY little miles on it so this was an odd thing.)
4) The car repairs are costing pretty much *exactly* what our hotel costs were going to be.
4) They are getting hit with a hurricane.
5) We are getting hit with a hurricane.
I'm kinda slow but...............I *think* the universe is trying to tell us something. lol
(I WAS going to run a special for the web site this weekend but seeing as I'm not sure if I'll have power come Monday morning to actually WORK on order, that will have to wait until the storm - literally - clears.)