Thursday, August 25, 2011

Oink oink.

In the process of replacing all the carpeting with wood floors this summer, I've done some MAJOR purging. I mean major: 7-8 bags of donated clothing, countless bags of trash, and at least two big bags of paper related materials from the filing cabinet/desk. Nothing escaped my wrath. I was ruthless and threw stuff away while cackling away with glee. (I do love a good purge.) It was good times, peoples, good times.

 In doing all that work in the office, I ended up with a half a drawer empty in the file cabinet. What to do with it...........hmm............HEY! I COULD ORGANIZE MY STITCH STASH. I had it all piled up willy-nilly in a wood 'cheese/shaker' box but I could be, like, all PROFRESHENUL and sort it and stuffs!

So I laid it all out and sorted it by designer....and..........HOLY CRAPBALLS I have a lot of stuff. Good lord! lol
THIS PHOTO DOES NOT DO MY STASH JUSTICE. 
IT'S BAD, PEOPLE.

It's enough to make one a little faint. (Or more than a little, to be honest.) Now, in my defense, I did 'work' as model stitcher for a local shop for 4-5 years in my spare time so, heavy discount and earned cash in hand, I happily worked on building my stash up during that period of time. But still. I really need not every buy anything EVER AGAIN EVER AND THAT WOULD STILL BE TOO SOON HONESTLY.  (Not that that has ever stopped me before. So don't hold your breathe or anything on it happening. lol) It's hard to say which pile makes me break out into a sweat more than the others. 

There is the huuuuuuuuge stack (20? 25?) of LHN/CCN patterns that I got in a series of wicked cheap eBay auctions last summer. Nope.......

Oh ho ho! There is the crazy amount of Shepherd's Bush kits at $30-$60 each. (95% of these were purchased during my stitching heydey, hence they were 'free'.) Close....very close...

Ahh. Here we go. A stack of Bent Creek patterns that all have a PIECE OF CUT LINEN in them, all ready to go. It's all that linen that makes me feel the most guilty, even if I did 'pay' for most of it with my time and expertise, because most of these are pieces that would require framing and, hello, I have a limited amount of wall space for those kinds of projects at this point. *gulp*

Anyhoo. It all fit quite nicely. So, uhh, that's good. Right?

I had ideas of going through this to cull stuff for a giveaway but, honestly, that's going to have to wait until I catch my breathe again and feel less overwhelmed. I feel like I would get rid of TOO much at this point in a frenzy to make it more 'manageable' (if that is even possible) and then maybe end up regretting it. lol
I will do it one day though. :)

11 comments:

Sweet Sue said...

Feels good don't it! Now, go have yourself a nice long rest:)

Margaret said...

Nice cleaning frenzie! Lady, your stash is laughably small. :D You should see mine! I cringe to think about it. Argh. I need to go on a binge like you, no doubt about it.

Beth said...

Nice organizing! That's my problem now - FINDING things I know I own!

Jenny said...

Good job getting things organized and let me also compliment you - looks like a good deal of really yummy projects in there.
I do agree with Margaret though - you are not doing too bad. No reason to stop stashing... LOL

Anonymous said...

It looks all beautiful organized in there. We have very similar taste in stitching. ;-)

Jackie's Stitches said...

Congratulations on upping the organizational bar! Now, can you come visit me and do the same?

Sylvia said...

Oh dear Melanie, you made me feel so guilty.... my stash is so much more out of control. I have taken over the room of my sweet girl - who is sweating it out in basic training with the Air Force in San Antonio, as we speak), and I still have stash ALL OVER the house.... yarns, fabrics, linen, floss, buttons, patterns, patterns, pattern.... yikes.

Good for you for getting it organized.

Carol said...

Good for you, Melanie! That must be such a great feeling... I need to do my closet, but keep putting it off :)

That is some serious stash there!! And with cut pieces of linen as well--I'm impressed!

Pumpkin said...

Yup, that IS a lot of stash ;o) Friends and family always refer to my room as a mini NS. I have no idea why....

KarenV said...

Oh my! That's definitely a stash! Congrats on getting it organised :)

I love decluttering and have got rid of many things this year alone but can always find something else to donate/bin/sell etc ;)

Catherine said...

I need to do some of that! Maybe now that the boys are going back to school I can tackle some projects like that!