Monday, February 15, 2010

Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day. :)

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the day but I'm also not a big fan of being all grouchy-Grinchy so I sucked it up and made some 'love' cupcakes for the day. I don't have the patience (or equipment) for fancy decorations on baked goods but this..........ahhhhh, this I can do.


I mean.............how freaking PRETTY is that??? A RAINBOW INSIDE OF EVERY CUPCAKE. *squeeeeeee*

I used just a normal white cake and standard buttercream (1 part butter/3 parts powdered sugar/dash of liquid). Nothing fancy here except the colors. :)

(Ain't gonna lie though - it's a bit a tedious to do. Lots of mixing of colors and dabbing and you end up with 234234123432 more dishes than if you had just left them white. BUT OMG AREN'T THEY PRETTY?????????? I had hoped to get some purple in there too to go along with the red/orange/yellow/green/blue but 5 colors turned out to be exactly what I could handle. lol)

No comments: