Saturday, January 09, 2010

New Recipe - Lemon Parsley Pasta



Or newish recipe because I've done lemony type pasta things before. But I saw this post last week while browsing that site and it looked so yummy I knew I wanted to make it right away. And it *was* yummy. Ate it with some grilled chicken and grilled yellow squash, and, oh, NOM NOM NOM. Delish!

Mods: I used fresh basil instead of parsley because I had that on hand. (I think it would also go well with cilantro but I have Big Massive Inappropriate Love for cilantro so YMMV.) Added a pinch of red pepper flakes to the lemon/garlic/oil mixture. The lemon flavor was quite delicate, I think next time I'll give it a a tablespoon of lemon juice in addition to the zest. I wouldn't want it TOO lemony but I think, for MY palate, I could kick it up a tiny notch. :)


Note: the recipe has one small error in it in regards to pasta cooking time. No biggie but if you really were to cook angel hair pasta for 10 minutes like it says you could very well end up with a pile of mush. 4-5 minutes will do it for that size pasta.

No comments: