Saturday, May 21, 2011

Happy Saturday!

I'm finishing up my work stuffs here so I can get away from this durn computer while the sun is still shining. It's been mighty dreary this week so it's nice to have some sunlight again, you know? We bought all our stuff for the garden (veggies/flowers) yesterday while splashing about in the rain and mud, with my hair frizzing up like Bozo the Clown. (Always the worst part. It's not the wet so much as the FRIZZ that annoys me to no end. My hair just keeps getting wider and wider and wider...........)

Mmm, mmm, mm, I love lime green! 

Kitties and mousies and another floral pair are up on the site/Etsy. :)

 Finally hung my three newest framed pieces. That's the good news. The bad news is we've pretty much reached the end of the line with hanging things going UP in my stairway/entryway unless we break out some scaffolding. lol He thinks he can get two more pieces above the horizontal piece on top by leaning over (perilously) the railing or the ladder but that's probably it.  So I'll have a few spaces on the left after that and then I have to find ANOTHER MORE BIGGER-ER HOUSE TO FIT MY NEEDS. 
(And, yes, I appreciate the irony of having a pillow that says "simplify" next to a veritable mass of frames. I should probably change that saying to 'clutter......it has it's uses'.)

Anybody have space I can rent on their walls? lol

15 comments:

Sweet Sue said...

Your wall has come along beautifully, lucky you! Plenty more room too:) Plz enjoy your weekend.

Anonymous said...

:::raising my hand:::

I have LOTS of blank, white walls. Come on down!

Your stitchery wall is BEAUTIFUL!

Margaret said...

Oh wow! I so wish I had a staircase to hang samplers on. I love your wall!!!!! Gorgeous! Love the wall color too. And the beads. I need to go see. Can you make me a Mia bead? :D

Maggie said...

Your wall looks beautiful! I'm sure your OH could get a few more in there, lol, if not i have some space :-)

Catherine said...

Fabulous wall!! Love those beads too - great color!

Dani - tkdchick said...

I've got space on my walls but only because I'm too lazy to frame what's in my bin o' finishes! What a spectacuar wall you've got there!!!

I think you and I had the same weather this week Tuesday I was wearing a winter sweater and today it was shorts! I hope this sun and heat is finally here to stay!

Beth said...

What a wonderful display of your stitching accomplishments!

valerie said...

Love the stitchy wall! Looks wonderful!

Sylvia said...

Great wall of Samplers! Too funny abut your simplify pillow.

KarenV said...

Love your wall of stitched pieces, what a great display!

Leslie said...

I love the sampler wall ~ stunning!!!!
Have fun gardening.

Annie said...

I have the same frizz problems as you. Misery loves company!

That wall of stitching is fantastic. I also know the problem of filling up every spare inch of space with stitching. Occupational hazard.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your wall is wonderful! The light grey color is the perfect neutral to highlight your beautiful work.

I saw your finished floors in the post below. Stunning!

Julie said...

Your wall looks amazing! lots of lovely work to admire for your visitors

Pumpkin said...

Your wall looks great Melanie! Don't look to me, DH is complaining we have no room as it is ;o) LOL!

Don't feel bad, when I straighten my hair and go out in that weather, I have all these wiry, curly hair come flying out. Just picture Medusa with straight hair and her snakes coming out of it ;o)