Saturday, April 30, 2011

Happy Weekend!

Another month gone. This year is just flying by, isn't it?
I think we're going to Hartford tomorrow for some 'bee' thing that he's dragging me to and I have to work some in the middle of that. I fully plan on bringing my knitting to Hartford so lots of knitting too, I guess. (The ride down takes a while so, at the very least, I can get a bunch done in the car.)

I finished another pair of socks this week, putting me back in line with my goal of one pair per month this year. It was a squeaker but I got 'er done before April was outta here!

The pattern is Haleakala by Cookie A. which, for me, brings to mind Pee Wee Herman and Mekaleka-hi, Meka-hiney-ho. (Seriously. I can't SHUT IT OFF in my brain. Damn you Pee Wee! *shakes fist*) She say Haleakala, I say Mekaleka. It's all just gibberish, right? lol

 Super clever pattern, as always. Cookie is SMRT like that and a superb pattern writer. They're basically just a standard old 2x2 ribbed sock with the addition of a lace/cable segment running just down the front, combined with a bit of clever 2x2 rib detailing on the ankle. 

I'd link to the pattern but it's a Cookie club exclusive and only available to sock club members this year. (It will be out to the public next year though.) Sorry to be a tease. :)

15 comments:

valerie said...

Love the new socks! Such a pretty color and pattern. The year is flying...how's it go by so fast?!

gracie said...

they are so nice looking...looks like I will have to watch for that pattern....

Annie said...

Pretty pattern and color. You did a really nice job on those.

Pretty Things said...

I really wish we lived close by, because you would push me to finish the TWO felted purse patterns I have (and of course, I have a feeling we would have lots of gab about!)

Anonymous said...

Cute socks. I love Cookie socks!

Cross Stitch Crazy Mum said...

I also love the socks. Id love to be able to knit like that. So useful while practical. Oh and I have to mention as soon as I realised you're a beekeepers wife I sensed a kindred spirit :-)

Margaret said...

They're really pretty! I so need to learn how to knit socks. I have small feet, so being able to knit my own would be the best! I usually buy children's socks. :D Have fun in Hartford.

Leslie said...

Wow great socks!!!! Have a fun safe trip.
Happy May!!

Minerva said...

Pee Wee! Now I can't shut it off...visions of Jambie the Genie in the box...
Love the socks. I have her book. Hopefully she'll include it in another book, or on Knitty. Your yarn is pretty.

KarenV said...

Those socks are gorgeous! I love the colour and I love the detailing. Great job!

Carol said...

I love the color of your newest pair of socks, Melanie--you did a beautiful job on them :)

Hope your trip to Hartford is a productive--sure wish I could cross stitch in the car. I don't know how people do that...

staci said...

GORGEOUS sock! That color is awesome too :)

Siobhán said...

Great job on the socks!

Julie said...

Great pattern for the socks, love the colour too

Pumpkin said...

Cute, cute, cute! Your drawer is going to be full of lovely colorful socks :o)